Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Squirrel TP Craft

squirrel craft for kids

Christianne at Little Page Turners just did a cute owl craft inspired by Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog.  They gave me the idea for our squirrel craft this week.   

squirrel preschool theme
Supplies
TP rolls
Paint/brushes
Googly eyes
Construction paper
Glue
Giant chenille stem

squirrel craft for kids

I mixed some white and black paint to make gray and had the kids paint the entire tp roll.  Serious business you know.
squirrel craft for kids

When they dried, I helped them fold the top down to make little squirrel ears.  They placed the googly eyes and glued little noses and teeth that I had cute out for them onto the squirrel.
squirrel craft for kids, squirrel preschool theme

Unfortunately, the craft store only had black chenille stems, I was hoping for gray or brown.  The tails are stapled to the back.  Sassyfras insisted that she wanted me to draw a mouth on her squirrel...I think it's fairly obvious that I'm not an artist, but she was very happy anyway.

14 comments :

Christy said...

Very cute!

Lindsay said...

Love these! They turned out super cute!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Lovely squirrels! Those paper tubes can be so versatile!

HomeschoolinMusicMomma said...

So. Stinkin. Cute! I am so stealing this idea for my daughter, she will love them! :) Thanks for the great ideas!


From: Homeschooling, Our Way!

maggy, red ted art said...

Oh my, your squirrels are SOOOOO cute! :-)


Thank you for linking up to Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

EmilyM said...

Great job! These are adorable!
~Emily
http://puppydogtails.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

I love these...Juliette is always watching the squirrels in our yard. She would really enjoy making her own :)

Lorie said...

Cute! I'll have to try these! Lorie @ Reading Confetti

Ticia said...

You can do so much with those rolls! I think I might need to get some of those giant pipe cleaners, my kids would love that.

shopannies said...

squirrel are my favorites have you seen the st. louis squirrel ??

Mandi said...

Adorable!!! My boys love watching the busy little squirrels that hang out in our tree. This is such a fun activity, and I have a surplus of t.p. rolls right now, so this is perfect! :)

Mandi at BBM

Kristi @ Creative Connections for Kids said...

Love these little critter creations! Visiting from the Sunday Showcase. :)

Amy said...

Heehee...that's one of my favorite TP roll crafts I've seen! I'd love for you to link it up here:

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-craft-challenge-5-kids-craft-or.html

Aimee from Classified: Mom said...

Love it- shared on Facebook! Thanks for linking up to The Sunday Showcase!