Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkins, Ghosts, and Bats Oh My! Halloween Tree

Photobucket

Supplies
Orange, white, and black shredded construction paper
Black and glow in the dark acrylic paint
Glass ornament balls
Chenille stems
Self stick sequins
Halloween tree

Photobucket

After the kids decided the two ornaments they wanted to make, they started stuffing the glass balls with the correct color paper until they were filled.  Juiciness did a jack-o-lantern and bat.

Photobucket

Sassyfras made a ghost and a bat.

Photobucket

They made the faces by dipping their finger in paint and dabbing it on the glass ball.  We used the glow in the dark paint on the bats' eyes and teeth.  It shows up, but not "wow", so we added sequin eyes too.  I helped them add the chenille stems. 
Photobucket

Little J made a jack-o-lantern and a ghost.  We hung them on the tree when they were dried.  They look really cute.

ps. We made Rudolph ornaments last Christmas like this.  You can find the post here.

Post Update- I realized as I was putting these ornaments away tonight (Halloween night) that I wouldn't remember when or who made these ornaments in years to come.  I wrote the year and corresponding child's name on a small slip of paper and tucked it inside the ornament. 

Classified: Mom

14 comments :

Lindsay said...

Cute!! I love how these turned out! I think the pumpkin one is my favorite though!

Sherri said...

OH how I love your tree...those ornaments are awesome!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Oh, what an awesome idea! I love how they turned out. I have to do something like this for Christmas.

Christy said...

I LOVE this!!!

Brimful Curiosities said...

I saw that Michaels has the Christmas ornament craft stuff out already. Great way to turn those clear glass balls into a Halloween decoration.

Joyce said...

This is so creative. Way better than our Halloween trees have been in the past. I usually just tie some tissue paper ghosts on the branches and call it good. haha. They turned out really nice!

pauline@lessonslearntjournal.com said...

Very cute. I've pinned this away in preparation for Christmas :).

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

Oh girl - I am loving these!!!! Makes me want to start a tree now! :) I am def doing one next year! I should get one going for all the seasons/holiday!

Hope you share these on the showcase - seriously I LOVE them! I am sharing on FB! :)

Bern

Charlene said...

These are so adorable!! Love them!!

Thank you for sharing and linking to Hey Mom, Look What I Did!! Hope to see you again next week!

Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

Your ornaments are awesome! I am so doing this next year! Thanks for the great idea. Just shared this on Facebook and now I'm pinning it. :)

maggy, red ted art said...

Oooh very cute indeed! They look adorable AND fun to make!

Thanks as always for linking to Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Aimee from Classified: Mom said...

Awesome idea- I just pinned it on Pinterest! Thank you for sharing this with us on The Sunday Showcase

Aimee from Classified: Mom said...

Oh and you will be featured this week at The Sunday Showcase - go grab your button ;-)

Kristina said...

Stopping by from Momto2PoshLilDivas linky party! LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing.

http://www.schooltimesnippets.blogspot.com