Friday, October 14, 2011

Puffy Paint Jack-O-Lantern Craft

toddler jack-o-lantern crafts

Sassyfras and Juiciness made puffy paint jack-o-lanterns!

pumpkin crafts for kids

Supplies
Orange tempera paint
shaving cream
glue
black construction paper
finger paint paper

I mixed the orange paint, shaving cream, and glue together until it was a nice fluffy consistency and put it out on plates.  I cut big and small triangles for the kids to use for the jack's face.

pumpkin crafts for kids

This was a fun sensory project too!

preschool Halloween craft

They simply finger painted a big orange circle on their paper.  They loved squishing their fingers in the paint and how it felt to slide it across the paper.
pumpkin crafts for kids

Once they had the circle they wanted, they placed the triangles on it to make a jack-o-lantern, no extra glue necessary!
Photobucket

I thought this was going to be a messy project, but it really wasn't that bad. 

6 comments :

Lindsay said...

Cute!! We just did some finger painting this morning too.. We made seasonal handprints :-)

Raising a Happy Child said...

Very nice! This reminds me that I wanted to do something with a microwaveable puffy paint. I love how your pumpkins turned out!

Deborah said...

I love this idea!

Mandi said...

This is great!!! I love your puffy paint, I'm going to have to make this with my guys. :)

Christy said...

cute!

Sherri said...

Puff Paint Pumpkins is just the activity I need this week! Thanks!