Monday, October 31, 2011

Project Pink and Muffin Tin Monday Collide

Photobucket


Yesterday was Project Pink Blog Day at  The Artsy Girl Connection.  I had planned to do this yesterday, but one sick mama and a day later we finally have a pink day post.  This post is in honor of my mom who fought her battle against breast cancer 7 years ago and thankfully won.  Her cancer was caught extremely early because my mom was so good about going to her yearly mammograms. 

I wanted to do something that we normally do and enjoy, but just with a pink spin on it.  So, while a think pink muffin tin Monday breakfast may not be what you expected here today, it's what we got. 

9 comments :

Lindsay said...

What a great way to put the focus on an important event. A friend of mine from church is losing this battle right now :( I love that so many organizations are trying to bring people's focus to this disease so more people can be like your mom and catch it early!

SnoopyGirl said...

So happy to read of your mom's victory of cancer. I have a sister who also found hers early and is a 5 year survivor.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I am so glad your mom is doing well! This is a wonderful looking lunch!

lisa9999 said...

Such a pretty lunch. My mother in law's was caught by a routine mammogram. She is doing really well as they caught it so early.

Raising a Happy Child said...

This is an awesome way to celebrate the wins in the battle against the breast cancer!

Sharla said...

Great way to highlight the pink for a good cause. I'm so glad that your mom caught it early and is a survivor. My grandma lost her battle and my good friend is a survivor, so it is a cause close to my heart.

kewkew said...

I think this is an awesome tin for a great cause. So glad to here your mom is doing well.

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

Love this! Will be trying all pink foods sometime for Muffin Tin Monday. Not sure what my son will think about it. Might have to do it for my daughter's birthday. ;)

My muffin pan is here: http://briobridge.blogspot.com

Sherri said...

Love the pink lunch!