Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hammered Flower Print Cards

Photobucket

We made hammered flower print cards to send the grandparents.  I came across this idea while reading a magazine in a waiting room recently.  I think it was Family Fun, but I can't really remember.  Anyway, I thought this would be fun to try.

Photobucket

Supplies
Fresh flowers (we used pansies)
Watercolor paper
Hammer or mallet
Safety goggles
Paper towel

Photobucket

Arrange your flowers on the watercolor paper face down.  Then, cover them with a paper towel.

Photobucket

Don safety glasses and gently hammer over the paper towel.  The flowers fell apart and stuck to the paper a little.  We just gently brushed them away and found a pretty flower print remained.  Using card stock, we turned them into cards that we will send to the grandparents filled with some pictures of our fall outings.







11 comments :

Freedom Three said...

we just did this yesterday! so fun and easy!

Phyllis said...

They are very pretty, Kelly.

Raising a Happy Child said...

This is a great idea! I am sure daughter will love this. Thanks!

Ticia said...

I bet this would work on the large number of flowers Princess brings home.

Lindsay said...

LOVE this idea!! Turned out beautiful!

maggy, red ted art said...

Wow! They look fabulous! Have seen this technique with leaves, but didn't realise it would work so well with flowers. Beautiful!

Sherri said...

AWESOME! I want my kiddos to do this!!!

Ally @momstownteach said...

These are great! Thanks for sharing!

Mandi said...

These are so pretty!!! What a great activity! Thanks for linking this up to Monstrously Creative Saturday!
Mandi at BBM

Carolyn said...

I love hand crafted cards, and these cards are beautiful. I look forward to making some soon.

pauline@lessonslearntjournal.com said...

Can't wait to try this.