Thursday, October 13, 2011

Go Away, Big Green Monster! Collage

Go Away Big Green Monster craft

I gave Juiciness the book Go Away, Big Green Monster! by Ed Emberley this past week. It is a very cute book for the preschool crowd and he and Sassyfras have enjoyed reading it this week.  In this book, a monster is slowly made, but then the reader has the power to tell the monster to go away and not come back until they say so.

Go Away Big Green Monster Craft

I explained to Juiciness and Sassyfras that they could make their own big green monster.  I set out some green paint at the art easel and told them to paint the face of their monster and they could add the details when the paint dried.

Go Away Big Green Monster craft project

I set out some paper shapes, pom poms, googly eyes, purple feathers, leftover wool, and glue.

Go Away Big Green Monster lesson plans

That's when the real fun started!  They went to town making their own big green monster. They had a great time doing this and worked on their monsters for quite awhile. 
Go Away Big Green Monster collage

Go Away Big Green Monster project


11 comments :

Lindsay said...

Great craft to go along with the book! I think Sammy would love this as well!

Sherri said...

I love GO AWAY BIG GREEN MONSTER... and you have mastered it!!!! =)

Raising a Happy Child said...

Love the monsters they made - very creative!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

He is so cute! I love all his eyes!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Thank you for posting a link to this post on Read.Explore.Learn.

Sharla said...

What a great activity! I love how you put out all the things that could be added to the monster.

Desiree said...

I was really trying to come up with a craft to go along with this book, this looks fun and very easy. We might give it a try!

The Activity Mom said...

This is so fun!

Melissa Taylor said...

We just got the iPad book of this and like it a lot. Love the craft connection!

Charlene said...

What an awesome idea...Love this!!

I would love to invite you to join my brand new kids activities link party (Hey Mom, Look What I Did) at Adventures In Mommy Land!!

Carolyn said...

I love your activity...so much fun and lovely extras to choose from to make it a beautiful masterpiece.