Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Peanut Butter and M&M Cookies, Fall Family Fun Night

Fall peanut butter and M&M cookies recipe

Our official Friday fun won't happen until later today.  So, Sassyfras and I made some peanut butter cookies for an after school snack to hold us over until the real fun can start.

fall family fun ideas


Fall peanut butter and M&M cookie recipe

We added peanut butter M&M's to the tops of the cookies before we baked them. Very yummy!

Fall family fun night

Our real fun will start once the sun goes down.  Our neighborhood decorates to the nines for Halloween.  We're going to take nighttime fall walk and look at all the decorations while we enjoy the change in season.  I bought the kids glow necklaces to wear on the walk.  Nothing seems to excite them more than a glow stick.

hot crab dip recipe

Then, once the kiddos are bathed and in bed, dear husband and I will enjoy this hot crab dip with some toast points.  I love this recipe.  I've had it forever.
Hot Crab Dip
3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound lump crab meat (drain well and remove any shell)

Mix all ingredients well and place in a greased baking dish.  Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle with paprika. 


pumpkin martini recipe

I'm also planning to make us each a pumpkin martini.  This recipe comes from Chrisy at Superheroes and Princesses.  I will forever thank her as it is a very good recipe!  Be forewarned though, make one and sip slowly...it is tasty and will sneak up on you!

Pumpkin Martini
Mix together in a shaker of ice:
1 oz pumpkin liqueur
1/2 oz vanilla vodka
1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
1/2 oz kahlua
1/2 oz half and half

Shake, strain into a martini glass, and enjoy.

Happy Friday Night!

I hope you can join us this weekend for the AfterSchool Party!  We had a lot of great links this past week and I read so many new blogs.  It's wonderful!


6 comments :

Lindsay said...

Looks like a great Friday Fun and A Happy Friday Night! I love that your neighborhood gets all decorated! Do they do that at Christmas too?

Kelly said...

Lindsay- Our neighborhood is pretty decorated up at Christmas too. Not You Tube decorated, but enough to make a night of driving to see lights very fun.
I grew up with a pumpkin out a day or two before Halloween and that was it...which is pretty much what we do, although we do it earlier.
Have a great weekend!

Wonder Mom said...

Your Crab Dip sounds DIVINE! I think i need to head out to the grocery store now...

Raising a Happy Child said...

Wow, this crab dip sounds wonderful, especially paired with pumpkin martini. I am so impressed with your energy and all the things you do for your family.

Christy said...

What a great day! Halloween is pretty wild in our neighborhood too! Glad you still like that martini!

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

Have I mentioned that you inspire me? Yes? Well, thought I'd tell you again.

These recipes look YUMMO!