Sunday, October 9, 2011


Little Wonders' Days

Thank you to everyone that linked up to the AfterSchool Party last week.  It was wonderful to read all the posts.  Here are a few that I thought I would feature this week.

Toddler Approved share this fun autumn mix candy sequencing activity.  Although my kids would eat half of this activity first, they sure would have a great time learning to sequence.  I've put it on our list to try. 
 Boredom Busting Mommy shared a super fun and easy 31 day countdown to Halloween.  I love her ideas, like dance to the Monster Mash or tell a Halloween joke.  
Elle Belle's Bows share several fun Montessori inspired pumpkin activities.  My kids would love to do this pumpkin washing activity while learning all about pumpkins.
If you've been featured, thanks for your great ideas and please feel free to grab a button!
Our after school activities have focused on all things squirrels this week.  We had a lot of fun with our activities and will still be doing a few more this coming week.  You can find all of our posts under the label "Squirrel Theme" on the sidebar.  Here are a few of our pictures from the week though.


Acorn transfer using a strawberry huller.


We learned about a squirrel's drey, or nest, and did this craft.


We made these cute squirrels from tp rolls after taking a fall walk to observe our neighborhood squirrels.

We even had a fun muffin tin lunch.

The Educators' Spin On It is hosting this week's AfterSchool Party, but you can join your link up here too.  Please stop by and visit some links and give some comment love.
AfterSchool is also hosted by:

Linking to:  ABC and 123


Raising a Happy Child said...

I love the idea of featuring the posts in this linky. You seem to be having so much fun with your squirrel theme!

Ticia said...

Great idea to feature others links! I keep intending to do that for Science Sunday, but just am not good at that.

Amanda said...

Looks like you went "nuts" this week =) How did they do with the acorn transfer? I was trying to figure out what to use as my tongs just won't cut it. LOVE your muffin tin snack too. Makes me want some cute cookie cutters for fall!

Mandi said...

Oh I'm so excited!!! Thank you so much for featuring our countdown! We've been having so much fun with it! :)

Mandi at BBM

Julie said...

What cute squirrel ideas! I love the little sandwich!

Sherri said...

These are such great activities! Love them all!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Thanks so much for including us as a feature on "after school"! Sorry I missed this and only got to it now. One day I WILL be caught up!! :-)