Friday, September 30, 2011

Popcorn Snack, Collage, and a Book!

We read the book "The Popcorn Book" by Tomie de Paola yesterday.  While it's not one of my favorites of his, it is still an interesting book.  Two kids learn about corn and its history while making a delicious popcorn snack.

corn theme, popcorn science

I made real stove top popcorn for the first time in eons.  The kids were so funny.  It was like a big magic trick to see popcorn kernels go into the pot and fluffy popcorn when I lifted the lid again. 

popcorn craft

They enjoyed some for snack and used some for a quick craft project.  I put some glue in the shape a corncob on a piece of construction paper and had them fill it in with popcorn pieces.  Juiciness would almost glue a piece on his paper, and then eat it.  It took forever for him to finish his picture, so cute.


I put this note in Little J's lunch box today.  Can you guess where we're going for Friday Fun?  You can find the maze printable here.

To see more of our corny fun this week, look for the "Corn Theme" label on my sidebar.  We'll be doing a little corn science this weekend before wrapping up our corny themed week.




Linking to:  stART, Sun Scholars, Made by Little Hands Monday, ABCanb123

7 comments :

Kidamerinks said...

Hi! I just found your blog through ABC & 123. It's great!! I grabbed a button and added it to my blog, kidamerinks.blogspot.com. Check it out when you can, and I will be visiting here often. I love your popcorn ideas!

Ticia said...

I love the corn maze. I'm going to have to check out the site you linked to.

You have the coolest family nights.

Raising a Happy Child said...

You are such a fun mom. I am sure Little J will be delighted to find this in his lunch box.

Christy said...

So cute! I'll have to remember the maze if we get to a corn maze this year!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute. I will have to check out this book and try making some popcorn on the stove, we always use our air popper. The girls would love making that corn craft too!

Thank you for sharing and linking up to stART :)

~Michelle @ A Mommy's Adventures

Lindsay said...

Love it! Wonderful Friday fun and great memories!

Amy said...

Fun, educational, and tasty! What a winner of an idea! I'd love for you to link it here:

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-craft-challenge-5-kids-craft-or.html