Monday, September 12, 2011

More Fun with Apple Pie Play Dough

Sassyfras and Juiciness wanted to play with their apple pie play dough again today. I thought I would do one of our favorite fine motor activities with it too.

apple pie play dough

I hid 5 "apple seeds" inside the play dough and then gave them the number 5.

apple pie play dough

Roll it all up to hide the seeds and let them find and count them.

apple pie play dough

Sassyfras and Juiciness have stopped putting things in their mouths, but I still supervised closely.  If you do this with younger children, you might want to choose larger objects to hide.

Photobucket

Each time they found a seed we counted them to see how many they had found.

1 comment :

Phyllis said...

I am sure they had fun with that! I love the cloth that is under the activity!