Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Delicious Corn Chowder

corn chowder recipe, corn theme lesson plans

I decided to make a corn chowder for dinner last night. We used this recipe from Food Network, very good and very easy.  We topped ours with a little cheddar cheese.


The kids helped me remove the husk from the corn.  They needed strong little hands to do this, but they were pros.  We saved the husks in hopes of drying them and doing a craft project later.
  
corn theme lesson plans

I love that all the kids are getting big enough to help in the kitchen.  Little J helps read the recipe, measure and mix, I still do most the cutting though.  Sassyfras and Juiciness can help do some measuring and mixing, and they help with setting the table too.

You can see the rest of our "Corn Theme Week" here.



I'll be hosting the "Afterschool Linky Party" this weekend.  You can still link up to the party from this weekend at Just Playin Around, hosted by Julie. 


Linking to:  This Chick Cooks, Homework, Be Different Act Normal

2 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

I am sure your kids will eventually become great cooks like you - this chowder looks great!

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook said...

Looks lovely. I would love to have a bowl of that on this lovely rainy fall day! (Saw link on This Chick Cooks)