Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Caramel Spoons and Hot Apple Cider

caramel spoons and apple cider, fall family fun night

Our special harvest moon dessert was homemade caramel sauce spoons and hot (warm) apple cider topped with a touch of whip cream. Stir it all together and yum! I use the recipe found here. I've made it several times and it has always turned out great. I follow her suggestion to do this when kids aren't around as it cooks quickly and is extremely hot.

Photobucket

I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and then lined up the spoons.  I used a rolled towel to prop the handles to make the bowl of the spoon level. 

Photobucket

I added a few fall leaf sprinkles for some fun.  The caramel set up firmly on the spoons, but was still soft enough to dissolve easily in the warm cider.  Store left over caramel sauce in the refrigerator and warm before serving.

fall family fun night, apple cider

Mmmm, fall is on its way!



Linking to:  This Chick Cooks, Nothing But Country, Cast Party Wednesday, Be Different Act Normal, Creative Genius Party, Someday Crafts






Photobucket


Tip Junkie handmade projects






10 comments :

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Yummy, thanks for sharing this. We used those same leaves for our caramel apples! The children love them!

Phyllis said...

Oh, that does look yummy. We have done this with chocolate spoons for hot chocolate, but I love this for a different twist. Very fallish! I am going to pin it.

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Wow! What an awesome treat for your guests! Please come over to Cast Party Wednesday and share this with us!
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!
http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

Jennifer said...

I came across your blog on This Chick Cooks and I love your post!


I would love it if you would drop by Jane Deere and link up to Fusion

Fridays with your favorite or most recent recipes, handmade crafts, diy

projects, tips & tricks, and how to's! { open through Wednesday! }

http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com

lindsy said...

Mmmm. That looks delicious. I love the touch of the fall sprinkles. You know how to make special occasions special :)

SmileMonsters said...

Yummy!

Jo @ SmileMonsters

twolittleseeds said...

Inspiring! x

paige said...

Great idea! I would love for you to link up with my new linky party -

Creative Genius @ http://www.thecreativepaige.com

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos said...

I've never heard of caramel spoons before...what a fabulous idea! These look delicious. I'd love for you to share them at Seasonal Inspiration Saturday. They would fit right in!

www.crumbsandchaos.blogspot.com

paige said...

Thanks for linking up to the Creative Genius Link Party! I'd love to see you link up again tomorrow!