Friday, September 2, 2011

A Ballerina

Sassyfras starts ballet this morning (wish me luck, I need it!).  She dances and sings through the house all the time, so I thought this would be a fun activity for her.  We've talked about it all week, but she just tells me, "No thank you".  Lovely.

She earned the nickname Sassyfras, you know.  My husband and I joke that we wonder if she will recieve an emmy before or after running a small nation.


I don't do gifts for every little occassion, but I thought trying to make this special might help.  I used her ballet outfit as part of it.  The rest is an Angelina Ballerina book, a little keepsake dish, and sparkly pink nail pollish.  I told her that we would paint her toenails after ballet class.
Raspberries, cheese, crackers, strawberry milk.
This is a ballerina's snack.  
I'm crossing my fingers that she likes her class! 

Linking to:  Fun for Kids Friday


La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

So sweet! Love the gift idea. Might do that for my daughter's art class that starts soon. Sounds like our girls have similar personalities!

Brimful Curiosities said...

I hope it goes well. My daughter loves ballet but she is a little upset that the "uniform" for her level this year is powdered blue colored. She'd rather wear her pink!

Zina :: Let's Lasso the Moon said...

I just came across your blog on Pinterest. I am so excited to subscribe to the RSS feed. It looks wonderful. I have two little girls and this whole post is all too familiar. Looks nearly "Pinkalicious."

Christy said...

I hope it goes well! This is R's third year of dance - she is now taking ballet, tap, jazz, and Irish Step and LOVES it! I hope Sassyfrass loves it too!

Raising a Happy Child said...

What a thoughtful way to get her excited about this adventure. We tried dance before with no success, but this year Anna really loves her gymnastics class.

Ticia said...

That looks like a great gift. I hope she loves it!