Sunday, September 18, 2011

Arrr You Ready for Talk Like a Pirate Day?

National Talk Like a Pirate day is Monday September 19th. With 2 boys in the house, this is a fun day to celebrate...even Sassyfras loves to play pirate with her brothers.
talk like a pirate day, pirate party, pirate food

We'll be doing some fun pirate antics today, but I'll send a special snack and lunch with Little J on Monday and do a fun muffin tin lunch for Sassyfras and Juiciness.  You can see some of our fun from last year here and here.

talk like a pirate day, pirate fun, pirate party, pirate food

I buy sugary cereal about two times a year and this is one of those times.  Captain Crunch seems like a perfect match.  Little J's snack bag is decorated with a skull and cross bone.  I plan to send pirate booty and orange slices-to prevent scurvy of course.

National Talk Like a Pirate Day

Little J received this pirate treasure game a few years ago.  It has paper scrolls that contain clues to lead you to the next clue and eventually to the treasure chest.  I'm hiding some gold (aka Hershey nuggets and rolos) and a glow sword for each kid in the treasure chest.  The kids love hearing the clue and racing to the next location. 

pirate party, talk like a pirate day, pirate food, pirate fun

I'm planning fish and chips for dinner followed by a fun walk.  It's getting dark early enough for us to enjoy an after dinner walk and a glow sword fight.  We'll end the night with a few fun pirate books for bedtime stories.

9 comments :

Kim @ The Learning Hypothesis said...

This is so cute! I have some planning to do today. Came over from Link & Learn.

Phyllis said...

My boys would love to come over for this fun day. Pirates is a big pretend play theme here.

Ticia said...

Argh! Avast!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I love how you always plan these fun activities for your kids! No pirate day here - it's something that daughter doesn't like at all :)

Sherri said...

We truly love pirate day around here...although I don't have much planned for this year...it looks like your going to have a great time! =)

Sugary Flower said...

We love Talk Like A Pirate Day! Even my very girly little girl has finally warmed up to the idea - she was quite into it this year!

Zina :: Let's Lasso the Moon said...

{Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!} I was so worried when I saw your post in my RSS that I had MISSED the date. When I pick up my little buccaneers from school I will have to let them know. :-) Thanks for the tip. Yo Ho Ho!

Joyce said...

What a fun day to acknowledge! We didn't this year, because I heard about it the day of, but I'm thinking that its definitely something we'll be doing in future years. I *love* the orange slices for scurvy. Lol. Great ideas! Thank you for sharing. I found your post through the fabulous Sunday Showcase, by the way.

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

I LOVE the chocolate gold & other fun ideas! :)

Thanks so much for sharing & linking to the Sunday Showcase! I hope to see you again this week!

Bern
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase