Friday, September 16, 2011

Parts of an Apple Mini Book and Printable

parts of an apple mini book, montessori activity

Using WP Clipart, I made this apple labeling book, an inspired Montessori activity, for Juiciness and Sassyfras.  I added a real apple to the tray for them to explore as we "read" the book.

Parts of an apple mini book, apple preschool theme

The book on the left is one that I completed as the example and the ones on the right are for them to complete.  They are supposed to color just the named apple part on each page. 

parts of an apple mini book, apple preschool theme

I did two different books, one for the labeling the outside of the apple and another for the inside of the apple. 

parts of an apple mini book, apple preschool theme

Sassyfras, in true Sassyfras fashion, decided to make a green apple instead of a red one like the example.  You go girl.  I hadn't planned on Little J doing a book since he already knows the parts of an apple (and he did something similar to when he was in preschool), but he asked to do one too.

You're welcome to download these books here.

apple book printable

I also made a simple apple book for them to "read" with me that labels the apple color.  Juiciness loves, and I mean loves, that he can "read" his book to me.  You're welcome to download this book here.

apple theme lesson plans


Little J will be studying life cycles in science this fall, so I picked up a few books at the library about apple tree life cycles and printed these cards from Montessori for Everyone for him to cut out and paste in correct order.

The Life Cycle of an Apple by Ruth Thomson (good for preschool and elementary age)
Apples for Everyone by Jill Esbaum (good for preschool and young child)
Apples a True Book by Elaine Landau (good for elementary age)

For our Friday Fun this afternoon, we'll be going to the apple orchard!  I can't wait, we have so much fun there and the weather turned cool today.


11 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

A visit to a real orchard will be fun! Great apple activities - I'll check some of these books out!

Christy said...

this is great!

Sarah said...

this is great! You blog is always my first stop for ideas....thank you so much for always being kind enough to share!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

fun - we are on apples this week and I love your book. We just did the parts of an apple so I am printing for my Kindergartener to read.

would love to invite you to link this up to the Sunday Showcase - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Bern

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos said...

We did a few things with apples last week after we went to the orchard. I'm loving these little books and think we'll use them this week. Thanks for sharing!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

What a cute book! I love taking my kids to pick apples at real apple orchards!

Julie said...

Cute books! I hope you had fun at the apple orchard!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Great idea! Thanks for the links too!

Kerri

Deb Chitwood said...

Great apple activities - and thanks so much for sharing your apple printable! My post tomorrow is on a Montessori-inspired apple unit, so your post will fit right in! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

My little princess world said...

Thanks so much for sharing these books...they will be great for our upcoming apple theme! Just found your blog thru Montessori Monday...I am so glad about it...so many great ideas!!!

Amanda said...

Wishing we were in apple season weather right now. Hope your trip was delightful!!!