Monday, August 22, 2011

Teacher Gift for "Meet the Teacher" Night

teacher appreciation, teacher's gift, back to school
Home Grown Zinnia Seed Packet.

Little J and I made a simple, but heartfelt, small gift to give his teacher at meet the teacher night.

meet the teacher gift

I found a clip art flower and added the words, "I'm looking forward to growing with you this year!"  and "Zinnia seeds from Little J's 2011 garden".  After printing the page out, we turned it into an envelope.




After gluing the upper edge down, I punched some holes in the top and threaded some ribbon through just for added prettiness.

Little J picked some flowers from his garden and then pulled the petals off to harvest the seeds.

Once the petals and seeds dried, we pulled the seeds loose and placed them in our envelope.


Karen said...

How sweet! Love those colorful zinnias! :> Hopping by from JDaniel4's Back to School linkup.

Christy said...

You are amazing!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I always enjoy reading about your thoughtful teachers' gifts. I hope all your children have wonderful teachers this year!

Phyllis said...

Beautiful. What teacher wouldn't love that?

Cleverly Changing said...

You are so creative. This was a very thoughtful gift. I am visiting from JDaniels4's back to school link up.

Wonder Mom said...

I love how involved Little J was in the making of this giftie- ANY teacher would be touched by this little blessing!

Joyful Learner said...

So thoughtful!

Marie said...

So cute! I'm co-hosting a link party and I'd love it if you'd come link up on Wednesday at

See you soon!

Carolyn said...

What a great idea. I would be so happy if you shared this project on my Inspiration Board {link party}. I know my readers would really enjoy it.
Hope to see you there.
carolyn | homework

Mrs. M said...

Brilliant idea! i have zinnias in my garden. I will definitely try this project. Thanks for sharing.