Monday, August 22, 2011

Taco Toppings Bar, MTM

Photobucket

We did a taco topping bar for Muffin Tin Monday, which sponsored by Michelle at Muffin Tin Mom.  The tins contain lean beef with taco seasoning, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce, light sour cream, and yogurt (not to intended as a taco topping :).
Photobucket

I lightly pressed a cookie cutter into a tortilla to make an impression, but not cut through.  Then I traced the shape with a food marker and embellished them a little.  The kids thought this was really fun!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Linking to:  Muffin Tin Mom, For the Kids Friday, Link and Learn at No Time for Flashcards

12 comments :

They call me Mommy said...

those tortillas are soooo cute! I'm totally stealing this idea for our next taco night! thanks!

Sugary Flower said...

Such a cute idea! :)

Lindsay said...

Cute!! Love how fun these are!

Christy said...

Fantastic! I'll have to try this.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What fun! We haven't had tacos in awhile. This makes me crave them.

Jamie said...

Great idea! I'm totally doing this next time we have tacos. Thank you for sharing!

kewkew said...

Love the pictures on the tacos. Great idea.

SnoopyGirl said...

Too cute! I love all the pictures and letters on your tortillas! And who wouldn't love a taco bar. Yum!

sara d. said...

love the idea of the topping tin! :)

Audrey's mom said...

I will have to use this idea. My girls have not found tacos to be entertaining enough to eat. Thanks for sharing this idea!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful drawing canvas!

Vicky said...

Love this idea! I will have to try this. Sounds like it was a big hit with the kids. Pinning it!

I am a new follower from Link and Learn from No Time for Flashcards. If you have a moment please come by http://messforless.blogspot.com and say hi.
Thanks!