Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stacking Cups

Photobucket

Sassyfras was a little too underfoot the other night as I was cooking dinner.  I handed her a bunch of cups I had just finished washing to play with and showed her how to stack them.  BIG HIT!

Photobucket

Eventually, her brothers joined her in the play.  They had fun building something and knocking it down again, which always brought on a boisterous laughing session.  They migrated from just pyramids to towers, bridges, chains, and more.  I just took these couple of pictures since I was still busy preparing dinner.  I did designate these and a few more cups to a special shelf in the pantry so they can entertain themselves in the future.


 
 
 
 






Beneath the Rowan Tree

12 comments :

Elle Belles Bows said...

I love that you added them to your pantry! Sometimes you truly need a quick fix to occupy their time.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog to check on me. I have really been a blog slacker. No posting and really bad about visiting (unless it is on email or popped up on FB).

I will try to email you this week to fill you in on "life". I hope that you have been having a great summer.

Take care,
Kerri

Michelle said...

My little ones love to do this! They added a ball that they hide under 1 so that the others can guess where it is!

Phyllis said...

This is on my bucket list, too. It looks like fun!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I can see how this was a big hit!

Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

I love that kids have so much fun with the simplest of things! What a fabulous idea!

Christy said...

My kids love stacking cups ever since they saw it on Minute to Win It. They set a timer and try to stack the most in a minute.

Ticia said...

I wonder how my kids would do with this.

Cindy said...

I just stumbled upon your blog for the first time today and am so glad I did! You have so many wonderful ideas! I love all the fun activites you do with stories and your family fun nights! We do a seasonal lists too, so it was fun to see what different activities you include on yours! I've already had lots of fun exlploring your blog! Can't wait to read more!!

Sherri said...

My kids absolutely love to stack cups! It's become a new favorite activity...which is super easy for mommy!=)

Rachel said...

I love the simplicity of this activity! It was my favorite this week! Thanks for linking up to It's PLaytime, we featured you.

Fatcat said...

When my son was 4 years old, he asked santa for some of these cups. :-)

Jenifer Harrod said...

I need to buy up some more stacking cups my kids just love it!