Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grandparent Care Package, Summer Bucket List

Photobucket


Juiciness pulled, "Send the grandparents a care package" from our summer bucket list last week and we've been working on it little by little.  All the grandparents are very active in the kids' lives and we try to let them know how special they are to us too.

Our care package includes
Pictures painted or colored by each child
A letter from Little J and "notes" from Sassyfras and Juiciness
A small photo book of our summer
A favorite snack of each grandparent
A gift card for a coffee at their favorite spot

Photobucket

They've wrapped all their little gifts and now it's time for a post office run.  Maybe we'll do this again for Grandparents' Day in September.

12 comments :

Lindsay said...

What a fun activity! I am sure they will love it!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love this idea! No doubt they will be thankful :-)

Terri said...

This is such a great idea! I know my parents would love to get a care package from the kids.

Phyllis said...

I am sure they will love it. I am sure the kids enjoyed putting it together and thinking about what they would like, too.

Plum said...

What a great idea! My kids, and the grandparents would absolutely love this!

Christy said...

That is wonderful! I think I'll use this idea for Grandparents' Day!

Michelle said...

Love this idea!!!

Creative and Curious Kids! said...

I love it! :)

Jen

Ticia said...

What a cool idea. Now I need to think of something like that for the kids grandparents.

Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

That is such a fun idea! I bet the grandparents will be smiling from ear to ear when they open it! Coming over from Little Lucy Lu link up.

Sherri said...

Grandparent care package is an awesome idea! I absolutely love it!

Bec@littlelucylu said...

Just featured this at Little Lucy Lu!
Thanks so much for linking up this sweet idea!
~Bec :-)