Thursday, August 25, 2011

After School Snack, Apple Shaped Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie

Sassyfras, Juiciness, and I made this giant apple shaped chocolate chip cookie for Little J's first after school snack. To make it, just use your favorite cookie recipe (we use Toll House) and put it in a greased cake pan. I lowered the cooking temp from 350 degrees (regular recipe temp) to 325 degrees and let it cook a bit longer. 
You can see our school bus cookie from last year here.

Back to School Snack

Once it cooled, I cut it into the shape of an apple, then frosted it with homemade butter cream frosting and red sprinkles. This is a wormy apple, so there are three gummy worms crawling about!


I'll leave you with a funny story.  I was upstairs and could hear Little J saying something over and over to Juiciness. I called down and asked what he was saying. 

He replied: "I'm practicing."
Me: "practicing?" 
Him:  "Yes. Hello, my name is Little J. X., nice to meet you."  Then he would shake Juiciness' hand (who had no idea what was going on, but played along!)

I had told him to be on his best behaviour and mind his manners when he met his teacher!


Christy said...

Love the cookie and the story!

Raising a Happy Child said...

This is a sweet story and a very sweet afterschool snack!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The cookie looks so good! The worms are a wonderful addition.

Thank you for linking to Back to School Traditions!

Rhiannon said...

What a sweet idea. I love all your ideas! You have so much imagination! I just awarded you the 'versatile blogger' award
Thanks for the inspiration.

Shoregirl said...

I love the giant cookie -- I end up making something like this for my husband instead of a birthday cake since he's not overly fond of cake.
PS I love the bus one from last year too -- so cute!