Sunday, July 31, 2011

Water Balloon Fight, Summer Bucket List

Justine at You'll Thank Me One Day has a wonderful summer bucket list. We picked, "Play with water balloons" from her list and pulled that this past week. To say my kids were excited about this is an understatement. Justine's blog is devoted to the fun she has with her little boy and husband.  She has great ideas for crafts, recipes, and just plain fun, go check it out.


Fortunately, Ticia at Adventures in Mommydom just posted a great tip of putting the balloons in a pool to keep the ones on the bottom from popping. I normally don't make that many balloons in one sitting, however, you can see I did this time!


I almost forgot we had this fun little toy in our pool bin. I picked it up last year on the big Target clearance sale and it really is pretty fun. It's like playing hot potato with a water balloon. Of course, my kids want to be the one holding it when it pops. Fun!


We have a race to see who can pick up the most broken pieces when we're sneaky way to getting cleaned up.  The reward for the winner is they get to be the first one to get a popsicle at refreshment time. 

Link up your summertime fun at the Summertime Fun Linky Party here!  We'd love to have you join us.


Christy said...

We had fun with water balloons too. If only it didn't take so long to fill them!

Raising a Happy Child said...

This looks like so much fun. I made a huge mistake with water balloons and got strange grape-sized ones that didn't pop at all. Anna still had fun pretending that they are fish in a fish tank.

Lindsay said...

What fun! We just did some water balloons this afternoon! I love that hot potato ball!

Ticia said...

LOve your idea of getting them to pick the pieces up!

Michelle said...

We had a fun waterballoon fight this summer too! I'm so glad I thought to do it. I think it's going to become a summer tradition at least once a summer. What a fun toy! My two would love that game.

Justine said...

Thanks for linking up to my blog! I'm glad you guys had a great time! My little guy didn't quite get the concept. He cried every time a balloon broke. I'm glad you all had a better time! : )