Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Writing Journal


I thought I would share a writing journal that I picked up for Little J.  Each morning I'll be putting a picture from our recent road trip with Nana in it.  Little J can then decide to write a nonfictional or fictional story based on the picture.


By the end of summer, hopefully he'll have a book full of good memories and good writing!


He actually chose to write a poem this morning!
Water is blue
salty too.
Sand is white.
I dug with all my might.
by Little J.


Phyllis said...

Wonderful idea!!

Michelle said...

Journaling with little ones is so much fun!!

Christy said...


Raising a Happy Child said...

Love the idea and the poem! You must be so proud!

Michie said...

I have just started a journal with my 6 year old too. She will be in first grade in the fall, and her kindergarten teacher suggested it to keep her writing all summer. I love how you set yours up with the pictures. So far we have been "sharing" her journal - I write something about the day on one side, and ask her to write on the other side. I'll need to sneak some pictures in there for prompts too. Great idea!

Becca said...

Ahhh! I'm a teacher and this is my dream come true. I wish all parents would do this with their kids.

This is a great project to do with your kids! I'd love it if you'd link this up to my Home and Family Friday linky party.

I also write a literacy blog you might be interested in.