Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Make a Foil Packet Meal, Summer Bucket List

We picked a slip from our summer bucket list yesterday that was an idea we picked from Kerri's list at Elle Belle's Bows, "Make a foil packet meal on the grill".  The kids were so excited to do this once I explained to them what it was!  I was excited because I knew we could throw these together, play at the pool all day, and come home to an easy and delicious meal.  Kerri has a great blog and a super fun summer bucket list filled with some unique ideas, I hope you stop by and visit her.

foil packet salmon recipe
I made some salmon for my husband and me.  I placed it on some heavy duty foil, sprinkled olive oil, fresh garlic, sea salt, artichokes, and Kalamata olives over it, and then made a tightly sealed tent out of the foil.  It was on the grill for about 15 minutes.
foil packet meal ideas

Little J helped make the chicken packets.  He put a little lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and a lemon dill seasoning on the chicken before we wrapped them in foil.

foil packet potato recipe


foil packet potato recipe

Sassyfras prepared the roasted potatoes.  She tossed them with a little olive oil and sea salt.  We put a sprig of rosemary from our garden on top of the potatoes.  Little J declared these, "The most fabulous potatoes ever".  That's a real compliment coming from him!

foil packet meals for the grill

We split the potatoes into to foil tents to make sure they all cooked evenly.
foil packet dessert recipe

Juiciness helped make dessert. Yes, it was done on the grill!

foil packet peaches for the grill

After I sliced a couple of peaches up, he sprinkled cinnamon, brown sugar, and some mint leaves from our garden on them.

foil packets for the grill

I put the peaches on the grill around 300-350 degrees after the main meal was cooked.  They were on the grill for about 30 minutes or so before I pulled them off.  They were perfect to go over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 

A Few Tidbits
I used heavy duty foil for all our packets.  Most of the time the grill stayed between 350-400 degrees.  I put the potatoes on about 15 minutes before putting the chicken and the fish. Be careful not to get burned when opening the foil as steam builds up inside them.



Linking to:  This Chick Cooks, Fireflies and Jellybeans, A Crafty Soiree, Happy Healthy Me, Design Dazzle, Be Different Act Normal, Made by You Monday

8 comments :

Christy said...

That all looks wonderful!

Ticia said...

Oh my that sounds wonderful. I did that once with salmon in our oven, but this sounds really good too!

Mindy said...

Yum! What a fun idea.
Those peaches are seriously making my mouth water!!!

Raising a Happy Child said...

You are such a fantastic cook - just reading this recipe makes my mouth water. I have to try it out.

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

I love this! I'd love it is you shared it on the new series called Happy Healthy Me on the Glitter Blog http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/07/link-up-happy-healthy-me.html

Sher said...

These are great ideas! I'm going to start making those. They would be perfect for when my husband is on the 3 to 11 shift and I don't feel like making a big mess. I'll be joining you all next Thursday at Running with Glitter. I'm on a mission!

DesignDazzle.blogspot.com said...

Making me hungry - they sound delicious! Thanks for sharing and linking up : )
Toni

Elle Belles Bows said...

YUMMY! You salmon looks amazing!

We have been doing our foil packets but have kept it to chicken. I may need to venture outside my box!

Now I feel super terrible that I missed this when you actually posted it!

Thanks for the link back.

Kerri