Sunday, July 17, 2011

Make Clay Sculptures, Summer Bucket List

One of our "Summer bucket list" pulls this week was make clay sculptures.  I pulled out some modeling clay and set out a tray of other materials like feathers, glass beads, chenille stems, pom poms, and googly eyes. 
Little J made this cute frog.  Sassyfras and Juiciness both wanted to make "amingos"...that translates as flamingo. 
This was the flamingo that I helped Sassyfras make.  She added the feather and legs.
Juiciness made this, he called it a turtle.

For the most part, they just enjoyed rolling the clay and pressing the different materials into it.  This is another great activity for building hand strength. 

Link up to the Summertime Fun Party here
The link will be open all week!


Phyllis said...

So, so cute!

Christy said...

Fun! My daughter loves flamingos!

Ticia said...

Does modeling clay still stain your hands? I haven't gotten any for my kids because I remember it staining my hands.

I've done something similar with play dough, or I should say my kids went for it and did that.

Raising a Happy Child said...

I am so going to get clay next time I am in Michael's - your sculptures look super cute!

RedTedArt said...

These are super cute! So bright and colourful. Love all the different materials too!

Thanks for linking up to Kids Get Crafty!!!


Crystal said...

Very creative and perfect for these hot summer days!

I would love for you to share a link to this on my meme: