Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Friday Night! Missing Miami Mojitos

Photobucket

It seems like it has been forever since my husband and I did a "Happy Friday Night".  We've either been on vacation or have let the kids stay up later.  However, most Friday nights, I make an appetizer and cocktail for us to enjoy after the kids have gone to bed. 

Photobucket

To Make a Mojito:
Muddle a handful of mint leaves with 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice in the bottom of a glass.  I used mint from our sensory garden.

Add 2 tablespoons of simple syrup.  I made this the day before by boiling 2 parts sugar and 1 part water until the sugar dissolved.  Store covered in the refrigerator.

Add 1 oz of rum, 5 oz club soda, and ice.  Garnish with a lime and mint sprig.
(Modified recipe from Bacardi)
Photobucket
Happy Friday Night!

Come link up to the Summertime Fun Party this Saturday!




3 comments :

Phyllis said...

Sounds like it would be good minus the rum, too.

Ann Marie | white house, black shutters said...

Looks delicious! Simple syrup is totally the key to making a great mojito. Great pictures too, makes me want a sip! ;)

Found your post via Be Different, Act Normal. I'm hosting a Summer Drink Week Link Party today over at my blog and I'd love it if you linked up your mojitos!

Have a great weekend :)
-Ann Marie

Jennifer said...

YUM...Mojitos! These look delish! I found you on Skip To My Lou...

I'm hosting a linky party at my blog Fusion Fridays { http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com }

I would love it if you would link up!