Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Friday Night! Fresh Salsa

Photobucket

I made some fresh salsa earlier today for our "Happy Friday Night" date night.  I love this time of year, when tomatoes are abundant from the garden and meals feel like they should be light and easy.


Photobucket

I don't really have a recipe for making salsa, I just mix the ingredients together and adjust the amounts until I'm happy with the taste.

Ingredients
Tomatoes
Fresh garlic
White onion
Avocado
Jalapeno pepper
Boiled and chilled shrimp
Fresh lime juice
Salt


Photobucket
Happy Friday Night!


This week's Summertime Fun Linky Party is now open.  It's not showing up in my Google Reader for some reason though!  Ugh...  I'd love to see your summer fun.





4 comments :

Plum said...

Salsa is one thing I am truly addicted to!

Cindy Bultema said...

Oh my, your salsa looks delicious!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Your salsa looks amazing. I was not a salsa eater until I lived in Texas in the early 90s. Now my husband and I love salsa on everything. I also definitely prefer chunky salsa like yours with fresh ingredients.

Elle Belles Bows said...

Perfect Friday night!

I have some tomatillos from our farm share. So, I may need to give salsa a try with them. Never have made anything with tomatillos. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Kerri