Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Friday Night! Amaretto Sours

Happy Friday Night! 

If you're joining me for the first time and are wondering what a "Happy Friday Night" is, you can read about it here.

Photobucket
I made amaretto sours and some edamame.

Amaretto sours
1 part freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 parts amaretto
1 part cherry juice
garnish with a maraschino cherry


Photobucket
I'm going to take a second here and brag on my husband too.  My car needed an oil change.  I made an appointment for the other evening and had planned to go after the kids were in bed.  I rather enjoy my evening downtime and my husband knows this.  He called me on the way home from work and said he would be happy to take my car for me.  Yes please, I would love that.  He didn't get home until almost 9.  Not only had he taken it for servicing, but he had the car washed, vacuumed, and gassed up for me. 

I say all this because I think it's important to enjoy and appreciate the little things in life that others do for us and realize that it doesn't always have to be grand gestures to mean love.

Hope you're having a wonderful evening!



Linking to:  Fireflies and Jellybeans

3 comments :

Christy said...

Looks like a nice Friday night. How sweet of your husband!

Justine said...

I think this is the first time I've seen a post like this, but I love the idea! Also, how kind of your husband! I hate going to get my oil changed! :)

Elle Belles Bows said...

I love those little sweet things that our hubbies do for us! That was very good of him to spoil you that way!

Kerri