Sunday, July 10, 2011

Botanical Garden Visit, Summer Bucket List

Join the Summertime Fun Linky Party below...

Photobucket

 We visited a beautiful botanical garden this past week and enjoyed it so much!   
Photobucket
The kids found all sorts of creatures (bees, worms, roly polies, tadpoles and frogs).  Their favorite was the garden cat that lived there.  We don't have any furry pets, so they really enjoyed this little guy.  Although, Sassyfras was worried that he was crying when he meowed!
Photobucket

There was plenty of eclectic art throughout.  Little J tried to do a rubbing of the leaf impression, but it didn't work too well.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We saw new plants and flowers and even learned some new vocabulary.  I had packed a basket of snacks/drinks and easy art supplies.  No one was interested in doing any art, but the snacks/drinks were devoured in the shade of some large trees!








Photobucket

Join the Summertime Fun Party by adding your link below!



4 comments :

Joyful Learner said...

Can you believe I've never been to Brooklyn Botanical Garden and I went to school in Brooklyn! It looks so lovely! I might have to take my mom there this October for her birthday. She loves gardens.

Ticia said...

I need to get something else done from our summer bucket list soon.

Botanical gardens are so much fun, I wish it was a little cooler here, so we could enjoy ours.

Thanks for linking over to the Summer Fun!

Hilary said...

The garden is beautiful and I love Miss S's outfit! Where did you find it?

Kelli- AdventurezInChild'Rearing said...

just lovely! I found ya through Mama Pea Pod- Outdoor Play link- planning to link up with your bucket list this week! great fun-