Friday, June 10, 2011

Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream, Here We Come Summer Vacation!

Photobucket

To celebrate the end of the school year, we made a special batch of ice cream for a little "summer here we come" family party.

Photobucket

Little J helped me mix up a batch of Mexican chocolate ice cream after the twins went to bed.  We found the recipe here.  I omitted the pinch of cayenne, the pinch of espresso, and the brandy, but it turned out fabulous and will be made again!

Photobucket

We found the chocolate in the Hispanic section of our grocery.  I wasn't sure if I had purchased the correct thing since the picture seems like it's for hot chocolate, but it was right.  It smells so delicious.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Doesn't this look yummy?

Photobucket

We let the mix chill in the refrigerator overnight and then poured it into the ice cream freezer in the morning and then put it back into the freezer for the day.


Photobucket

I don't know why I never thought to do this before, but I put a couple bowls in the freezer before filling them.  I knew I wanted to take a quick picture to share with you, but I was afraid it would melt too quickly.  It worked beautifully. 






Photobucket


I'll be opening up the Summertime Fun Party tomorrow morning at 6:00 for all you early birds.  I hope you will come back and link up your summertime fun that you've been having.  I've enjoyed reading all the posts this week and have found some inspiring ideas. 



Linking to: Weekend Wanderer, Tatertots and Jello, Made by You Monday







Come Together Kids

8 comments :

Christy said...

Sounds delicious! We make Mexican brownies that we love, so I'm sure this would be a hit here!

Michelle said...

Looks great! And yes, that is for hot chocolate, you will have to try it come winter! It's the best hot chocolate in the WORLD! Very rich and delicious!

MayLee Joe said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing this! I love Mexican chocolate anything!


MayLee, maidendshade.blogspot.com

Melissa Taylor said...

that does look yummy! Do you know the Spanish song, Bate, bate, chocolate? I bet you can get it on YouTube or something -- for when you make Mexican Hot Chocolate but it would probably still apply to ice cream.

Hilary said...

We are making strawberry ice cream tomorrow, but this looks DIVINE!!!

Brimful Curiosities said...

That is a special batch of ice cream and it looks very yummy! We've only tried making the normal vanilla kind.

Lorie said...

Oooohhhh! Yum! We love Mexican Hot Chocolate. I am so trying this!!!

Ticia said...

I remember getting that for hot chocolate one time and being indifferent to the taste of it, but maybe I should try it again. I love hot chocolate.

Thanks for linking up!