Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas




summer bucket list, frozen bananas

It was so exciting to get our "Summer Bucket List" out and draw our first slip of the season. 

frozen bananas

"Make frozen bananas" was perfect for today.  The kids were so thrilled!  We walked up to our local store and purchased a bunch of bananas.  I had the other items in the pantry already.

Supplies
1 bunch of bananas
popsicle sticks
small knife
parchment paper lined dish
Baker's dipping chocolate
sprinkles (optional)
nuts (optional)
candy melts (optional)

frozen bananas

Start by peeling all the bananas and cutting them in half.  Juiciness and Sassyfras did this step for us.

frozen bananas

frozen bananas

Then, push a popsicle stick into the cut side of the banana and place in a parchment lined dish.

frozen bananas

Put them in the freezer for about at least an hour.  This will make it easier when it's time to dip them in chocolate.

frozen bananas

frozen bananas

Little J dipped them in chocolate and took orders for the special toppings!  We put the leftovers in a freezer container for another night.

frozen bananas

These banana pops were insanely good!

frozen bananas
This was such an easy and fun dessert. 


frozen bananas


Summer bucket list
Come back this Saturday to share your summer fun and see what others are doing to keep cool!

I've had a few comments requesting to link into the "Summer Bucket List Party".  I've opened the link for a few more days.  I'm so excited to see so many fun lists!



Linking to:  Penny Pinching Party, Playdate at Beneath the Rowan Tree, This Chick Cooks, A Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Creative Creations Tuesday, Someday Crafts, Something Swanky, Weekend Wander, Tatertots and Jello, Link and Learn, Made by You Monday, Not Just a Housewife

20 comments :

Christy said...

We love to do this too. Yum!

Sarah said...

These look fantastic! I can't wait to make these with my kids.

Deb Chitwood said...

I LOVE frozen bananas! Thanks for sharing your yummy ideas! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

Hilary said...

Those look delish. I have to put it on out list now!

sara d. said...

yep...just added them to our list! YUM! thanks so much for sharing!

Raising a Happy Child said...

You know, I have never tried frozen bananas, especially dipped in chocolate! This looks super yummy, and I have to add it to my list.

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

Must make these ASAP!!!

Andrea said...

Great idea! thanks for the idea
~Jada Roo an Do~

Something Swanky Cupcakes and Desserts said...

Love this! Great pictures too. I'd love for you to link up to my sweet treats party today. Hope to see you there!!
Ashton
www.somethingswanky.com

Jessie said...

omg we've been doing the same thing! We use the Magic Shell Chocolate though. I've told people about them and they think i'm crazy! I just tell them that they HAVE to try it because its so yummy! haha...glad to see this oh so delicious treat being highlighted! :)

Brimful Curiosities said...

They do look quite yummy!

Chef in Training said...

YUM! These look delicious! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

*kate said...

Those look fabulous! I love frozen bananas but have never attempted them at home. I can't wait to make them. :)

Amanda-The Sweet Details said...

Hey I host a blog hop and I'd LOVE if you came over and shared a recipe! Here's the link :) http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/search/label/Savory%20Sunday

idesign said...

these look delicious :)

Jackie
http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

Rhiannon said...

These look yummy! I am now following you (and not just because you posted about chocolate!) Shared your idea on my blog:

http://myhandcraftedhome.blogspot.com/2011/06/one-day-monday.html

Thanks for the idea!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

Yummy! These look like so much fun to make! Thanks for sharing!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

How fun, I've never made frozen bananas! :-)

This looks like a delicious Summer Recipe! We are hosting "FUN SUMMER RECIPES" at our Linky Party THIS WEEKS CRAVINGS! We'd love for you to come by and link up! (Thanks a million) :-)

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-32-fun.html

The Ellis' said...

I loved these when I was little! They look so good. I can't wait to try them! We found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! We are your newest followers and would love for you to follow our blog!

www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.