Sunday, June 12, 2011

Colored Glass Vases, Summertime Flowers, and Memories

Photobucket


Photobucket

Little Sassyfras came to me yesterday with a clump, yes clump- roots, dirt, and all, of flowers in her hand. I helped her replant them and then pick just the flowers.  It reminded me of bringing flowers to my grandmother as a child.  She would put them in these cute glass vases.  I pulled them down and rinsed them out for us to use.  They are in our kitchen window and look so colorful. 

Photobucket

Now, my kids are making their own memories with their grandparents.  Their grandparents are so important in their lives.  For the past few years we've been doing an annual summer "Road trip with Nana".  We're about to embark on our journey.  I'm hoping to post as we go, but you never know with technology and me.  So, I hope to see you here this week, but if not, I'll be back soon.


6 comments :

Kara said...

So pretty! And I love that your daughter pulled the whole plant out- Eva has done that too! It's the thought that counts. :)

Phyllis said...

Beautiful vases made even more beautiful with the bouquets.

Ticia said...

How wonderful they get a road trip with Nana

Stacey said...

Beautiful vases. Beautiful memories.

Chelsea said...

I was going to post the same thing as Stacey :) Both the vases and the memories are beautiful. Have a wonderful trip with your family. I'm sure it will be the source of many new precious memories.

Michelle said...

Enjoy your trip!!!