Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Truck Collage

Photobucket
 I set out some paper shapes this evening for Juiciness and Sassyfras to design their own mode of transportation in the form of a collage.  They both wanted to make fire trucks.
Photobucket


I didn't set the glue out right away.  Instead, I encouraged them to place the shapes on their paper and design their fire truck first.  They actually changed their shapes around several times before deciding to glue their work.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
I'm impressed with how different their trucks look.  Sassyfras (above) has a more concrete looking truck while Juiciness (below) chose to use the entire paper and has a more abstract looking truck.
Photobucket
This was a fun and simple project for them, and me!


It's Playtime at hands on : as we grow

11 comments :

Michelle said...

Looks cute and colorful!

Christy said...

Great idea - I love to see what my kids create from shapes; we'll have to do something similar soon.

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

I need to revisit some simple art activities like this. There's a lot of creation going on!

Toddler Approved said...

Love this!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

great activity, I will bookmark it - gluing activities always go over so well in these parts

RedTedArt said...

Oh I love your post! I can sometimes be very outcome focussed esp with "the little ones" - I arrange things for them and they stick it like a puzzle.. this is a much better way for them to explore their creativity and a reminder to (me) to let them have more freedom!!

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty! Love your posts!

Maggy

Ally Cooper said...

Shapes can be so inspiring! Love this craft.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Isn't it fun to watch them work and create? My son would love this activity.

*kate said...

Looks great :) I'm gonna try this next time the boys are begging for glue.

Raising a Happy Child said...

What a great idea to let them experiment first. Those trucks are so different - just like your twins, I am sure :)

Debbie said...

Brilliant project. Open-ended & child directed with fantabulous materials. Documentation process is dazzling! Three thumbs up!