Monday, May 23, 2011

Transportation Theme Play

Transportation Theme Play
We have books in most rooms of our house, but I have a special book basket that I put themed books in for Sassyfras and Juiciness to enjoy.  This week we're doing a "transportation themed" week.  There are several favorite books in here. 
Transportation Theme Play
I also rotate toys in and out of the playroom so that it doesn't get too cluttered.  This embarrassingly large collection of cars has been off rotation and I just set it back out for their play.  Little J loved cars and trucks when he was little. Friends and family always brought him some when they came to visit...hence the collection.
Transportation Theme Play
Juiciness and Sassyfras really enjoyed looking and playing with all of them!
Transportation Theme Play
Little J showed them how to line them up and count them.
Transportation Theme Play
Photobucket
I also set out this Fisher Price garage.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Transportation Theme Play
I love how new toys in the playroom equals lots of new play and cooperation.


6 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

You have an amazing car collection :) We also like playing with cars here.

Anonymous said...

Rather than rotating, I put a toy that hasn't been played with in a while out in the living room for my daughter to find after nap time. It's a great time for her and me as I prep for dinner.... By the way, your blog is my all time favorite. I have gotten so many good ideas, passed along so many good ideas and just enjoy the "atmosphere" of your blog. Children are a treasure and your blog reflects that.

Michelle said...

We do the rotation too and it's amazing how they ALWAYs think that they got new toys!!

Christy said...

Looks like fun. I am really bad at rotating toys.

Ticia said...

I"m horrid at rotating toys, but I like how you set that up.

*kate said...

I love how "new" toys are so much more fun :) I need to get better about swapping them out too but I try.