Friday, May 20, 2011




To think we almost missed our strawberry season here! They came into season right when my big charity gala that I was chairing was happening. Which btw, was a beautiful and wonderful night. We had nearly 300 guests and raised more money than any previous galas. While I won't name my charity, I will say it benefits children. I'll be chairing it again next year and I'm already so excited. Anyway, I digress. Back to strawberries, which seem so small now that I thought of my charity. Hmmm.

This green colander was a $1.99 at World Market. I picked up three of them for the kids to fill and take to their teachers.  They were meant to be given during teacher appreciation week, we just never pulled it together until now.


For our Friday fun I love you ritual, we'll be making some strawberry cupcakes this afternoon. I'm so looking forward to them! mmmm


Christy said...

So much fun!

Congratulations on a successful charity event.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Mmm, wish our strawberry plants looked like that right now!

If I ever need to throw a gala, I know where to turn for advice. That's wonderful that you volunteer in this way.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

We didn't make it this year it looks like such fun.

Raising a Happy Child said...

I am glad your gala went well! I can't believe that your strawberries are already so ripe. I am hoping to convince husband to go to upick sometime in June.