Sunday, May 22, 2011

Herb Infused Water Recipes

herb infused water recipes

Our sensory garden (see post here) is quickly growing and now we're looking for fun ways to use the herbs we've planted.  My kids love to drink water, unfortunately, I don't.  However, we made a few herb infused waters that have changed my mind.  Just add all the ingredients and put in the fridge to chill.  Enjoy! 

herb infused water recipes

Rosemary, mint, and lemon water.

herb infused water recipe

Pineapple sage and lime water.

 Other combinations we thought of and will try another day:
Basil and lime
Pineapple sage and orange
Mint and lemon
Pineapple sage and cucumber
Basil, mint, and lime or lemon
Thyme and strawberry

I can't wait to start using the herbs in our dinner recipes too!


maryanne @ mama smiles said...

All of these combinations sound divine!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That sounds truly wonderful!

Christy said...

That sounds so refreshing!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Your sensory garden really took off! I have never tried to infuse water with herbs - I happen to love my water plain, but the idea is intriguing.

Magali @ The Little White House said...

I have an herb garden as well and I always use mint in the water. You gave me lots of new ideas! I drink all kind of herbal tea, though, trying new herb combinations every evening!

ShannonSews said...

How refreshing! I never thought of adding herbs to water but I can see how that would give water a nice refreshing snap on a hot day. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Wow, these sound so refreshing! I can't wait to try! Thanks for sharing!
Scissors & Spatulas

Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country said...

We tried growing a garden and didn't do so well. These look great.

Would love if you would link up with our party @

Jennifer said...

Stopping back by to tell you I'm featuring this tomorrow!
Scissors & Spatulas

Ticia said...

Hmmmm..... I wonder how pineapple sage would taste? I've used normal sage and it is very strong.

Kelly said...

Ticia- I don't care for the taste of sage because it is so strong. However, the pineapple sage actually has a very mild, almost fruity taste. I think scent is what is most attractive about this plant though.