Saturday, May 14, 2011

Classmate End of the Year Gifts

end of the year gifts, summer bucket list subway art

I turned our summer bucket list into subway art and had it printed, 20 times!  Then Little J and I attached a "paint your own pet rock" kit to each one that will allow the receiver to complete one of the bucket list activities. 

pet rock kit

What You Will Need for a Pet Rock Kit
Instructions
2 Bottles of acrylic paint
2 Chenille stems
Googly eyes
Small pom poms (optional)
pet rock kit

To complete their project, they will also need:  A rock, a paint brush, and some glue.  Once they create their pet rock, they should name it and write a story about their rock.

classmate gifts
Once Little J finished making the pet rock kits, I cut some scrapbook paper for toppers and printed the instructions on clear mailing labels.

Summer Bucket List Subway Art Style

Ok, it may be me...probably is, but scribd never seems to look right in my posts.  I promise though if you want to print this file that it is correct on the Scribd site.



19 comments :

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This is such a sweet idea!

Michelle said...

Awesome job!!! Love the idea of printing out the bucket list!

Ticia said...

Oh my, this would make an awesome birthday present too!

Mama Pea Pod said...

What a great idea! I'm sure those kids will be dying to get home and make their pet rocks!

Wonder Mom said...

You are so generous- I just love this idea, and I am CERTAIN the kiddos did too!

You ROCK! (hee! hee!)

Joyful Learner said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

The Activity Mom said...

wow! That is SO cool! I would be thrilled if B brought that home. Thanks for sharing! I also think the paint a pet rock kit would be a cool party favor!

Krissa said...

I love your bucket list...what a great idea. I think we'll have to make one. :)

Chelsea said...

What an adorable little gift! It's perfect.

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!!!! Please, please, PLEASE stop by my blog and share this at my For the Kids link party! I'm off to share this with my Facebook friends now. :)

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-9.html

Raising a Happy Child said...

I know that I would love to get this kit myself :) What a neat idea, and I am sure J's classmates will appreciate this gift.

Kaci * Little Piles Everywhere said...

I totally love this idea. How have I not found your blog earlier? Thanks for sharing!

SmileMonsters said...

So cute!

Jo @ SmileMonsters

~The Bargain Babe said...

LOVE the pet rock kit!!!

Michelle said...

Love your ideas, I hope you link this up to both my parties!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! This post has been featured in this week's For the Kids Link Party! Stop on by and grab an A++ button for your blog! And LOVE to have you link up while you're there :) We're starting another week of kid-friendly fun!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-12.html

g said...

How did you make the original subway art poster?
g

Kelly said...

g-I took some of our summer bucket list and set it up in a word document. I chose 3 or 4 different fonts and colors and just started typing. I changed the font sizes depending on how it looked.
Little Wonders' Days

Carolyn said...

What a lovely gift for children to give their friends.