Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shark Subway Art

I have loved the themes that Little J has chosen for his birthday party each year (my favorite was the "purple surfboard" party when he was 4).  I think they have always reflected his personality or what he loves at that moment. 

He has already announced what he would like the theme to be this year, never mind that his birthday is over 4 months away!  Fortunately for me, he has never changed his mind, so I can start planning as I have time.

He wants a shark party.  I think this is such a fun theme for him.  I'm not sure what we'll do, but I know it will be more nonfiction based than a "jaws" type thing. 
Photobucket

Which leads me to my newly found odd addiction, subway art.  I'm not sure if this qualifies as subway art, but I thought it was a fun way to start thinking about his party.  It was created in a publisher file.  I simply chose a few different fonts and colors then started typing shark related words.  Then, rotate a few words, change fonts sizes, and add a few clip art pictures.  Finally, choose coordinating scarpbook paper and pop it in a frame.  Voila.  He loves it!


6 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Oh, can you please-please share some of your taste with me? Looks really interesting! I am sure J will enjoy his party!

Christy said...

Great theme for a party!

Brimful Curiosities said...

My son would love this theme, too. So much better than a character tie-in party!

Charlotte said...

Have you checked out wordle.net - it's strangely addictive for word art

Rhinestone Beagle said...

Ohhh, I like this. It looks like something you would pick up a a cool modern art store, but with cute little guy themes. Good job on the fun! Thank you so much for posting at the Beagle.

fruitfulwords said...

what a fun idea for a party. i bookmarked this shark craft for me as a reminder from my last vacation. maybe it is something your son would like. http://www.whatimade.com/index.php/a-scary-shark-mouth-container/