Saturday, April 2, 2011

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Is it weird to crave brussel sprouts (and no, I'm not pregnant)?  I think it must be, most people don't even like them let alone crave them.  I've made them twice this past week!  Thank goodness my husband likes them too.


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Wash and trim the ends of the brussel sprouts.  Place them in a baking dish and toss with some olive oil and sea salt.  Cover with foil and roast for 30-40 minutes.  I stir them about every 10 minutes or so.  They should be tender and browned when they finish.

Just so you don't think we're all nuts over here, my kids hate them!


3 comments :

Mama Pea Pod said...

Mmmm, yum, I love Brussel sprouts too! Thanks for reminding me we haven't had them in ages. Will have to pick up a frozen bag.

Chelsea said...

They are one of my favourites too! For the life of me, I can't understand why they have such a bad reputation, although in fairness I have never had them boiled.

Raising a Happy Child said...

Haha - I love sprouts too, but unfortunately I am the only one in the family.