Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Friday Night, Margaritas and Antipasto!

It's been a few weeks since we have had a "Happy Friday Night".  We've either been out of town, enjoying spring break with the kids, or just plain busy.  We're back on schedule for tonight though!  The weather has been beautiful all day, so I'm hoping it will last so we can spend some time outside.

I've made an antipasto plate of cheese and crackers, kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, and genoa salami.

If you're new to my "Happy Friday Night" posts you'll need to know that my husband and I look forward to Friday night as our little "date night at home" so to speak. I make an appetizer and cocktail, sometimes it's simple and other times more elaborate. But whatever it is, it is after the kids are in bed and we can relax. You can find more of these posts under the label"Happy Friday Night".
Our drink is a grapefruit margarita on the rocks.

I juiced 2 red grapefruits (they made about 8oz).  Then I added the juice of 2 limes, 4 oz triplesec, 2 oz Patron tequila to the grapefruit juice.  To serve, pour over ice in a salt rimmed glass and enjoy!  This will make at least two drinks if not a couple more.

Happy Friday Night Y'all!






Linking to:  Foodie Friday at Little Brick Ranch, Fireflies and Jellybeans

5 comments :

Christina said...

Looks delish! That margarita is right up my alley. My hubs and I will be having some delish IPA after our kiddos are in bed tonight. Hope you enjoy your time together.

Tina said...

wow what a fantastic idea...Sounds easy and cost effective...thanks for sharing - I just became the newest follower to your blog. Thanks following me.

Have fun tonight.

xo
tina

Elle Belles Bows said...

You know I love your Friday Nights! Another great one! That drink is right up my alley:-)

Little Brick Ranch said...

You don't have to ask me twice to drink a margarita!! I am in!!
Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. Oh, and if you haven’t done so already - don’t forget to pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the GIVEAWAY!!! I’ll give you a hint...Homes, Food, and all things Frugal!!

Krafty Max Originals said...

I couldn't find the post about the Boost my

Blog Friday Blog Hop, so I am leaving my note

here....

BLOG HOPping around - I am now a follower of

your blog, wont you also follow me?? ~KM
Krafty Max Originals