Monday, April 4, 2011

Curious George Themed Family Fun Night

Curious George family fun night,

We did a Curious George themed family fun night last night.  My kids love Curious George.  We just purchased the 2nd movie and have seen it several times, but it has been a long time since we watched the first one.  So, that was our plan, to watch the first one.

curious george theme

I raided my party box to see what I could use to set the stage for our night. I came up with these cute tiki plates that I found on clearance awhile back.

Curious George theme

Little J had a Curious George party when he was 3 and I still had some monkey masks and these fun umbrella straws leftover.  The kids thought they were really special.

curious george family fun night

Our dinner for the night wasn't really themed, except perhaps the banana pudding.  Mostly, it was food that everyone in the family enjoys.

Curious George family fun night

The Menu
BBQ chicken
Pasta salad
Fruit skewers
Banana pudding

Curious George party food

I use the recipe on the box of Nilla wafers and serve it cold.

curious george family fun night

I found these cute popcorn boxes at Home Goods and thought they would be fun for movie nights.


The entertainment

Curious George, the 1st movie


family fun night ideas

The kids like a few M&M's on their popcorn. I sprinkled red, yellow, and brown ones to make it look like Curious George colors.

We finished the night by reading a few Curious George books for bedtime stories.


5 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

This sounds like a very fun Family Night. Anna doesn't like Curious George movies, because she doesn't like the fact that he often gets into trouble, but she does read the stories.

Christy said...

I love your family theme nights. So much fun. I am planning a luau for my last story hour the end of this month, and I think I might extend it to a family theme night for us.

Sherri said...

It's always a party at your house!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

We love George too. JDaniel would have loved this party.

Elle Belles Bows said...

Another super fun family night! Great job!

Kerri