Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break Activities Flower

Our spring break is coming up soon and we are all very excited!  I thought I would do something similar to our summer bucket activities, but in spring fashion. 

I made this flower and wrote activities on the back of the petals.  I didn't want to over schedule us, so not everyday has a big activity planned.  I mostly want the kids to enjoy playing and relaxing.   
I'll let the kids pull the petals off one day at a time to see what our fun activity is for the day.

Possible Activities
Go to a favorite museum
Play mini golf
Visit the zoo
Go to the beach
Toss water balloons
Go for ice cream
Family fun night
Picnic at the park
Go to our favorite cafe for breakfast
Plant our garden
Go to a movie


Christy said...

Great idea!

Patricia said...

So fun

Michelle said...

What a wonderful craft/idea!! :) I wish I would have seen this before spring break.

very creative! Thanks for sharing. I'll see how I can use this in the future. :)

Raising a Happy Child said...

This is a wonderful idea. I am curious though - how do you deal if they pick something for the day that for whatever reason doesn't work - for example, it's raining on "picnic in the park"? Do you give "rain checks"?

Chelsea said...

What a fun and pretty idea! I love it.

Kelly said...

Natalie, very good point. I have the petals laid out in the order that I'd like the activities to happen, So if the kids will play along with me, then I can watch the weather and move things around if needed before they even know. Fortunately though, my kids are pretty flexible and usually go with the flow.

Christina @ It's a Keeper said...

Hi! This looks awesome! I host a weekly blog hop -- It's a Keeper Thursdays. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

Christina @ It's a Keeper

Butterfly Wishes and Wonderland Dreams said...

great idea my oldest only gets out good friday and the monday after easter but maybe we could have a 3 petal tulip of activities :)

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

I saw this on Its A Keeper. Thanks for linking this up, such a clever idea! Can't wait to make one for my little ones!

Jenn@ said...

Great fun for the kids, and really cute too!

Bec@littlelucylu said...

I really love this idea ... my kiddo isn't school-aged yet, but I AM a kindergarten teacher, and this is a great idea to suggest to the parents!
Saw this on Be Different ... Act Normal!