Friday, March 25, 2011

Origami Pinwheels


Little J and I made origami pinwheels together today.  You can find the instructions on the websites I've listed at the end of the post.


This was a fun fine motor activity
for him and I think he did a great job.

He painted the dowel rod in
green and brown to match his camo paper.

I'm a bit challenged when it comes to reading patterns (don't ask me how I sew), but for the most part it was simple, except this one part.  Once all the initial folds are made, there is a step where you pull out and down the corners and fold the whole half down.



Unfortunately, our origami pinwheels didn't spin as well as your basic pinwheel like we made yesterday.  I'm not sure if it was how we have them secured on the dowel or that we used scrapbook paper.  They sure turned out pretty though and Little J seemed quite satisfied.





 


4 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Very nice! Even though I am an engineer, I am very spatially challenged and have a hard time understanding origami instructions :)

Elle Belles Bows said...

Love the camo paper!

Great idea as using the paper folding as a way to work on fine motor skills!

Have a good week!

Kerri

Michelle said...

What fun ideas! Love them! I hope to see you link it up this week on Made by Little Hands Monday!
Have a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Sherri said...

Making pinwheels is so much more fun than buying them!