Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easter Paper Mache Eggs


Photobucket
What you will need:
Paper mache eggs (found at craft store)
Acrylic paints
Dudley egg spinner
Bakers twine or ribbon
Hot glue gun or other glue
Photobucket
Put a small amount of acrylic paint in your egg spinner along with a paper mache egg and spin.  We started with the darkest colors first.  Just use a little paint, otherwise you will not end up with a marbled effect.
Photobucket
Be mindful of your color pallet.  Some colors will mix and create another color.  In some cases it is a pretty result in other cases it could be a muddled mess.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Little J chose dark purple, red, metallic blue, and yellow.  I wasn't sure that it was going to turn out how he envisioned, but it is beautiful


After they dry, make a small hole in the top to add a loop of twine or ribbon.  We used baker's twine and a hot glue gun.


I found this tree at...care to take a guess? 
Yes, the Target dollar bins. 


12 comments :

Lindsay said...

These turned out beautiful!!

Donna said...

Your eggs are beautiful!!!! Where did you get the egg spinner?
Great Blog!

Ani said...

Very cute! I'll have to run out to target to see if I can find one :)

Raising a Happy Child said...

I love it - so very pretty. I have never heard of an egg spinner before. And I am so jealous of your Target find!

Christy said...

So pretty! We have that spinner too!

Sherri said...

We have that exact tree...I love this idea...thanks!

Cyn said...

Love your blog!
Hiya! Newest follower from the Welcome Spring Hop-- please stop by and say hello! Would love if ya followed back!
♥cyn♥
http://cyn-thenutshell.blogspot.com/

Design It Chic said...

This is such an adorable project! The kids seem to enjoy it a lot. hi hi I am now following you thanks to Welcome Spring blog hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's pretty easy and it would definitely look cute on your blog:) See you there!
Happy Wednesday

Jackie H. said...

Very cute. I love the egg spinner. I'm so happy to see Easter crafts springing up!!!!

Brimful Curiosities said...

I've never seen an egg spinner before either. It makes such neat looking eggs.

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

These are beautiful! We have been working on some paper mache tissue paper eggs over balloons!

Elle Belles Bows said...

They turned out very well!

Love that spinner!

Kerri