Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chocolate and Creme De Menthe Thumbprint Cookies

Photobucket

So here goes my "healthy snacks for the holidays idea" out the window, but wow, these cookies were good!  I try to do something fun with the kids on Friday afternoons, it's one of our "I love you rituals".  I knew exactly what we would do yesterday when I passed by these while shopping.

Photobucket

The boys hurried off to play, but Sassyfras joined me in the kitchen to help bake some chocolate thumbprint cookies.

Photobucket

We followed the recipe from Hershey found here, but omitted the nuts and vanilla frosting.  We topped them with these yummy creme de menthe St. Patrick's Day Kisses.

Photobucket

Little J came back to help with the Kisses and they all came back to help eat them!







Linking to:  Be Different Act Normal, No Time for Flashcards, I Love Naptime, Made by You Monday

7 comments :

Christy said...

Oh, we have to make these. I love to make special holiday treats and while I try to keep most of our days pretty healthy, our holiday snacks are often sweets!

Jenna said...

I have GOT to try these. They look sooooo good. Thanks for sharing.

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

These sound like a must make recipe! I am bookmarking it for a future feature on Cookie Time Tuesday.
http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

The Gunny Sack said...

YUM!!! These look so fabulous I will have to try them!

shopannies said...

I have a daughter who would love these

Sherri said...

Yummy!
I will love thisd!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Love chocolate and mint! Yum! Kerri