Saturday, March 26, 2011

Alice In Wonderland Themed Family Fun Night

alice in wonderland party, family fun night

We had a family fun night last night!  The kids chose Alice in Wonderland earlier in the week and I was able to put together a fun craft and an easy meal to go along with our movie for the night.

Alice in Wonderland Themed Family Fun Night

To keep dinner simple, we ordered pizza.  I used our plastic hot dog plates lined with a cute paper and filled them with some fruit, a tube yogurt, and a bottle of orange Sanpellegrino. 

alice in wonderland party

The shape of the Sanpellegrino just screams, "Drink Me" if you ask me.  I made little paper punches that say "Eat Me" and "Drink Me".  You can get my printable at the end of the post.

alice in wonderland family fun night

For dessert, I set out a tray of miscellaneous chocolates and Meyer lemon cupcakes (more on the cupcakes in a later post). 

Alice in Wonderland Themed Family Fun Night

We also had some herbal iced tea.  We used my vintage Luray teacups.  I just love their pastel colors and the way they mix and match.

Alice in Wonderland Themed Family Fun Night

The kids love to add a little lemon and honey to their tea.

Alice in Wonderland Themed Family Fun Night
Aren't these the cutest chocolates!
I cut out some paper to make Mad Hatter hats for the kids to decorate.  A little research told us that the 10/6 is supposedly the price of the hat...10 sixpences. 

And then, we were off to watch our movie!

Alice in Wonderland Toppers

I used a 3 inch scallop punch to make my toppers.


Wonder Mom said...

Was this Family Fun Night in honor of someone's Very Merry Unbirthday? :0)

Victoria @ The Sweetest Serendipity! said...

i love this. i am so going to try this!

marybt said...

What a sweet family fun night! :)

Raising a Happy Child said...

Amazing setup. Also amazing that your little ones watched Alice in Wonderland. Is it the latest Tim Burton Alice? I found it pretty scary!

Kelly said...

Thanks everyone, it was a fun night. We watched the Disney version of the movie btw.

Christy said...

I love this! You have so much fun in your house!! My cousin has a daughter named Alice and they just had her first birthday party - the theme was "Alice in Onederland" - I thought that was so cute.

Abi said...

I LOVE this idea!! Awesome. What a great way to spend family night! We usually do game nights - but this is a fun way to branch out from that. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Our Country Road said...

I think I'm going to join your family! What fun!!

Chelsea said...

That looks like it was so much fun! Do your kids need a live in "Aunty"/"big sister"? I think I want to be part of your family :)

Joyful Learner said...

Thank you for the downloads and the wonderful ideas! I'm planning on having a little tea party for K and this would be perfect!

Elle Belles Bows said...

You have such great family nights!

I love that you commit to a theme too!

Thanks for sharing your printables! Hopefully, I will have a reason to use them.

The chocolates are so adorable!

Thanks for sharing!


ChildTalk said...

TOO cute! I am terrible about being organized enough to pull off themes like this, but I think it is so cool to see moms who manage make it work!

Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by ComeTogetherKids and commenting on the tooth fairy pillow. It gave me the chance to discover your AMAZING blog here. I love all your ideas for family fun nights, just incredible!

Danyale N. said...

I'm from Spring Blog Hop

I am a now following you and hope you check out my blog as well

Evoluchun's Miscellaneous

Sherri said...

Truly a perfect family fun night! love it!

Angela @ A Mama's Two Cents Worth... said...

Where did you get your Cheshire cat mask??
Angela said...

What a wonderful memory for your kids. I love the movie theme night! I think I'll be planning one for next week.

Joyful Learner said...

I downloaded your toppers because they are just so adorable and it gave me the starting point to our tea party planning. But as favors, I'm planning to give books out saying, "Read Me". The only problem is I want to keep it consistent with the ones I printed out from here. Any chance I can get the original document to alter the words? I would truly appreciate it!!