Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines for Teachers, Strawberry Oreo Truffles

Photobucket

The kids helped me make some Oreo truffles with a little twist yesterday.  We used strawberry cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese.  I wanted to make a small batch to try before I passed them along to anyone!  They were really good. 

Photobucket

You'll Need
1 Package of oreos
8 oz Strawberry cream cheese
Bakers dipping chocolate
Wax paper
Mini muffin liners
Optional candy heart sprinkles

Photobucket

Crush the oreos in a food processor.  Then mix the strawberry cream cheese and the oreos together.  Roll small balls and place them on wax paper.  We put ours in the fridge to firm up before dipping them in the chocolate.  Once firm, dip in melted chocolate and place back on the wax paper in the refrigerator until set.  Use the muffin liners to display them.

Photobucket

We'll make another batch on Sunday afternoon, along with some chocolate dipped strawberries for the kids to take to school for their teachers on Valentine's Day.








Funky Junk InteriorsThe Blackberry Vine

6 comments :

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Thank you so much for linking to the Virtual Valentine’s Day Party on my blog. Please take a moment between now and the end of the party Monday night to visit a few of the other party guests. I would love to everyone who linked up to have other guests stop by for a visit.

Remember if you visit two guests and leave me a comment that you did you could win a $15 Visa Gift Card.

Christy said...

Yum! I never thought of using strawberry cream cheese for these! Great idea.

April said...

Mmmm! I'm a homeschooling mommy! Can you send me some?!? hehe! Thanks for linking up! Have to bookmark this...

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

I found you via the Pretty Packages party. I have never tried the oreo truffles but my daughter assures me that they are divine. I love the strawberry idea, though, to break up the chocolate flavor a bit. I'll bet the mint oreos would be good for a change, too.

April said...

Just wanted to tell you I featured this on my blog. Check it out here:

http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/02/sew-crafty-saturday.html

C.Byrd said...

Yum, these look soo delicious, definitely will have to try them! I'm your newest follower, found ya through I'm Sew Crafty! :)