Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Preschool Snacks

We're scheduled to bring snack for preschool on Valentine's Day.  I wanted something festive, loved by young preschoolers, and relatively healthy.  I whipped up a berry parfait to try out on my crew and they loved it!

Photobucket

You'll Need
Strawberries (sliced)
Blueberries
Raspberries
Heavy cream
Low fat vanilla yogurt
Clear plastic glasses
Optional heart sprinkles


Photobucket

Beat 8oz of low fat yogurt with about 1/4 cup of heavy cream until thick and creamy.  Layer berries between cream and top with a heart sprinkle.  This made 5 parfaits.


Photobucket
I had to have one too!



Linking to Monkeying Around

8 comments :

Christy said...

That sounds like a great snack!

Stacey said...

I am a preschool teacher, and let me say this is so much better than the cupcakes that we normally see. It's a gorgeous snack and healthy as well. I also love that it includes what might be some new foods for the kiddos.

MamaBear said...

Looks yummy!

Krissa said...

Looks wonderful and I love the healthier option! I found your blog through No Time for Flashcards link-up. Come check mine out at http://www.morethanmundane.com

polwig said...

Perfect healthy snack for a preschooler. Who wouldn't like it. Fresh berries :)

Raising a Happy Child said...

Yum - this looks delicious and healthy too!

Elle Belles Bows said...

They look so yummy, but your pictures also came out very well. Great job on the photography!

Kerri

TP Craft said...

GREAT idea! My son's school is sugar free so this would be a wonderful snack for them.