Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Math


For some reason I have piles of old store bought valentines.  I thought rather than tossing them straight into the recycle bin that we could put them to some good first (I seem to be on a "use the recycle stuff" kick this week).  I numbered a bunch of valentines  and set out a couple of activities.


The first activity was to put the correct numbered valentine into the mailbox of the same number.  They loved doing this, but really thought it was more fun to put letters into the mailbox than worrying about the number itself.


For their other activity, I numbered pieces of paper and asked them to name and match the valentines to the correct paper.  Score!  They loved doing this and did great. 


Holly said...

I think my little one would LOVE the activity with the mailboxes. Will be giving it a try! Thanks for sharing.

Brimful Curiosities said...

I like your little mailboxes. Where did you find them?

Kelly said...

The mailboxes were from the dollar section at Target.

Joyful Learner said...

I love to reuse things we longer need. Thanks for linking!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Those are adorable little mail boxes - I can see where just putting the Valentines in would be fun, probably good to have the follow-up with paper, ready. Excellent!