Sunday, February 27, 2011

Recycled Shamrock Garland

st. patrick's day craft for kids

We made heart creations from recylced catalogs over Valentine's Day.  They turned out pretty cute.  So, I thought it would be fun to do something for St. Patrick's Day with some magazines and catalogs headed to the recycle bin. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

I pulled out pages in shades of green.  After making a template, I cut out several large shamrocks.  I also used some green scrapbook paper to cut smaller shamrocks from.  Then we strung them together using green baker's twine to make a garland.  It's now hanging from the mantle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This gold shamrock was made by putting 3 gold heart doilies together.  They were left overs from our valentine making.  



9 comments :

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This turned out beautiful!!! Love the shades of green.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Very cute--and recycling always is "green" in its own way!

~ Sarah

Kara said...

Beautiful!

Rashi said...

Very nice idea. Thanks for sharing. You can also check my hand print Butterfly.

http://blog.memetales.com/2011/02/handprint-butterfly-kids-craft/

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

I like this idea! Maybe even making a collage with shamrocks like this!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I love the dolly idea! We might do a rainbow shamrock with the remaining white paper dollies we have.

Christy said...

Love this!

Hailey's Butterfly Garden said...

I absolutely love this idea I am going to have to do this with my daughter thanks for sharing

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

so clever... I love the doily one! Here’s another party if you would like to link up… http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/03/project-party-weekend-5-ways-to-re.html