Tuesday, February 22, 2011

President's Day Fun

Cherry Tart

Photobucket

Little J learned about the legend of George Washington chopping down the cherry tree this past week and I thought it would be fun to put together a quick cherry dessert.  We were limited on time, so we used a no bake cheesecake mix.  I've never made one before.  It was just ok, certainly not homemade, but Little J was able to make it start to finish without much help.

Where in the World is George Washington?

Photobucket

I took 3 Georges (one dollar bills) and some bunny money (Max and Ruby) I printed from here and hid them around the house.  Little J is better than his siblings at this type of hunt, so I did zones for the kids...Juiciness and Sassyfras in the living room and Little J in the family room.  They could each find one real dollar.  You would have thought I hid Benjamins!





abc button

4 comments :

MaryAnne said...

What a fun way to celebrate!

Lynn said...

Too cute!! I love that you did a hide and seek with them!!! We had cherry muffins!!! I am lovin' your blog! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Cute! We love Bunny Money!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The cheesecake looks wonderful. The money hunt looks like tons of fun.